Monday, October 07, 2013

Packing and Postage

Things I wish I had brought: 1. My little rice pot Hunter bought in the Philippines. 2. More chip clips to seal off my food from ants! 

Things I wish I hadn't brought: 1. ANY high heals or nice shoes--pointless in the dirt. 2. So many jeans! Hard to hand wash, takes longer to line-dry.

Things I'm glad I didn't bring: 1. Reyna's car seat--it would have been completely useless here. 2. Cups. Plenty here.

Things I'm glad I brought: 1. My little sewing kit--I've used it twice. 2. The umbrella stroller--not for walking, though--I use it as a high chair. 3. My baby carrier. I use it every day. It's absolutely essential that I'm able to have free hands when i'm doing errands, and I could use my African cloth to strap Reyna on my back like the other African mommies, but this is so much easier. 4. Tampons. I've only seen pads at the store. 5. Orajel for Reyna--She just broke her third tooth!

Anyway, please don't bother trying to send us anything. There are no actual addresses here. I'd have to get a P.O. box to receive mail, and I've been told, it's definitely not secure to try to have someone ship something to me, so I haven't bothered to open one.

4 Comments:

Blogger leilani said...

Oh my... So interesting! Love you! Xoxo.

10:20 PM  
Blogger leilani said...

... Poor Reyna!!! Broken teeth!?!?!?

10:23 PM  
Blogger Selena said...

Send home your heels and jeans in a package and buy yourself some of those African dresses you've been wanting. Mail may not work coming in but you'll be find sending it out. If you can't find chip clips, just buy tupperwares for everything.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Steffy said...

Wow what an adventure! I remember how much you hate ants so I can just imagine how you feel about them in Kenya!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home