Lost
A couple days ago, I got lost on a matatu. We have no car. We have to rely on the public transportation or our feet to get us around. We can take a tuk-tuk, which is a three wheeled covered motorcycle with a bench behind the driver. Or we can take a matatu, which is similar to a jeepney in the Philippines, but it's more like a 12-seater van which people cram into. The matatu is much cheaper than a tuk-tuk. I had the three kids with me, and I was trying to get home from City Mall. I asked one of the conductors if he was heading to Nakumatt Cinemax (the nearest landmark by our house). He said yes. I said "You will take me ALL the way to Nakumatt Cinemax???" He said yes again. I paid him our fare, and we started driving.
After a while he said he wanted me to pay more because it's a long way to my destination. I refused. He said this matatu is going to the ferry. I said I'm on the wrong matatu and I wanted my money back, etc etc. It was ridiculous.
I wasn't completely lost. I had a map in my mind, and I knew which way I should be going, so I knew I could get home on my own if I needed to, but he ended up dropping me off at an area where another matatu could take me to Nakumatt Cinemax. And then this kind young man who must have been riding in the back of the matatu said he would show me where to go. And he walked with me ALL the way to the next pick-up area (through a very slummy part of town, during rush hour) and waited with us until we got on the right one.
I felt like Heavenly Father sent an angel to help me. He was so nice and was able to calmly explain to me what the sign on the matatu should say for next time, and where my stop is and everything. I felt very protected and grateful for that man.

2 Comments:
Ok... I was having a heart attack reading this. Thank goodness for that kind man. Sending prayers for your comfort and safety always. Xoxo.
I am speechless. I would've been so scared. I'm counting on the Spirit to take care of you Yo. Be careful! xo
Post a Comment
<< Home