Sunday, October 06, 2013

Grateful Andre

Today, our branch met for fast and testimony meeting. They don't watch general conference live here. We just wait for the CDs to come out later. Once again, I was impressed. So many people got up one after another and bore their simple and sweet testimonies of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Relief Society meeting was interesting today. The lesson was on forgiveness. Some of the sisters brought up past wrongs and felt they were justified in not wanting to forgive. I shared with them that I knew that even though it's painful, if we pray on our knees and ask Heavenly Father for help to forgive others for an offense, that he will take our pain away, and that's one of the miracles of Christ's atonement. I know that's true, because I've personally felt a burden lifted after I asked for help to forgive. Anyway, interesting meeting.

We finally figured out how to get money out of the ATM, and did some decent grocery shopping. I made sandwiches for the first time today with cheese and deli meat and lettuce, and I was completely surprised at Andre. I counted five times that he said "Wow! Thank you!" "Who made the lunch? Thank you!" "Yay! Thank you!" He was so excited to eat a meal that was familiar to him that he expressed genuine gratitude five times! In Lehi, he would have taken one look at the sandwiches and would have said "Awww! I don't like lettuce!" or some other complaint. It made me happy. Yet another objective for this Kenya trip being fulfilled!

2 Comments:

Blogger leilani said...

Good boy Andre! Yes, your mommy deserves every one of those thank yous! Well done!!! Xo.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Selena said...

I remember when I tried to get $ out of the ATM in Romania, people would huddle around me trying to figure out how they could get $ too. LOL

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home